Friday 25 January 2019

The baby who rarely falls sick

Not sure is it due to the power of breast milk, BB rarely falls sick. Well, the first few days of birth she was monitored (pricking her tiny feet and checking her sugar level) because of my pregnancy diabetes and no breast milk. And maybe 1 night of colic at home (not sure whether is colic). There after, she is just "tortured" by teething.

When we went to Singapore, I was afraid that she will be sick due to the change in weather and the strong air con. She did had 1 day of runny nose but I was struggling with flu and it seems my milk produced the immunity she needed and she recovered in 1 day.

Sadly, she loved to eat tables while in Singapore and I knew she would probably get sick from that. And she came down with diaherrea. She was extra fussy, clingy, diaper area was barely surviving from the constant diaper change, lost weight, changing diaper in middle of the nights, can't sleep well..eh I think I suffered more than her.... After 1week, I finally brought her to see the Dr and she managed to get better before our flight home...



Husband was commenting that most kids get sick during winter and BB is quite lucky. And guess what, she is done with flu? A bit of cough and runny nose (and drools a lot because of teething) she is constantly wet face... She has big problems sleeping through naps and nights even when we inclined the bed (guess she always want more comfort when she is sick). Oh well, I guess all kids do get sick during winter. But at least she is still quite active and eating well so should not be too sick.



BB pls get well soon... Your parents need sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment